Hi NFTY-Northeast!!! We are so excited to see you at Virtual Leadership Kallah on May 14-16, the final event of the NFTY year. The event is open to grades 8-12 and is a great chance to welcome in younger NFTY generations as we say farewell to our seniors. We hope you will join us!
We are excited to be using both Zoom and Gatherly to make this an event to remember. Gatherly is a new and exciting online platform that allows you to roam around the virtual space freely and connect with friends just like you would at an in-person NFTY event. On our event schedule below, you can find which programs will be held on Zoom and which ones will be held on Gatherly.
This event is powered in part by a Jewish Teen Initiative at CJP Teen Microfunding Grant
To access the ZOOM calls…
- Visit northeast.nfty.org/x
- OR click on any of the programs highlighted in red below
To access the GATHERLY calls…
- Register for free HERE!
- The Gatherly link will then be emailed to you the morning of the event
Read on for our schedule, and don’t forget to Register Today!
Friday, May 14 (Zoom)
- Intro & Mixer 5:00 pm
- Do you like making new friends? Do you like compliments? If so, join us for this Zoom call, the introduction to a weekend long event!
- Shabbat Services 8:00 pm
- Shabbat: who leads services and why? Come celebrate the beginning of Shabbat while also learning about lay leading!
- NFTY-NE’s Annual Merri Awards 9:00 pm
- Join us for a fun and festive night to celebrate the NFTY Northeast’s annual Merris. Like the Oscars, the Merris is a formal awards ceremony to honor the best achievements in NFTY NE from the previous year. Come wearing either your most formal attire or most comfortable pajamas and get ready for a fun filled night of astonishing awards!
Saturday, May 15
Gatherly day!! Link will be mailed to all registered participants the day of the event
- Good Morning! 10:30 am (Gatherly)
- Join us for the opportunity to explore a new and exciting online platform: Gatherly! The link for all Gatherly calls (marked on the event schedule) will be sent to your email on the day of the event.
- Workshop Blocks 1 & 2 11:00 am (Gatherly)
- During our program workshop blocks, you’ll get to choose from ten different mini-programs to attend. We’ll rotate four times over the course of the two different workshop blocks, giving you the chance to choose four different fun and engaging programs to enjoy. There’s something for everything so don’t miss it!
- Social Lunch/Text Study 12:00 pm (Gatherly)
- Come discuss the meaning of Shavuot and its significance in our lives!
- Program Workshops 3 & 4 3:00 pm (Gatherly)
- Join us for our second round of program workshop blocks, where you’ll get to choose from ten different mini-programs to attend. We’ll rotate four times over the course of the two different workshop blocks, giving you the chance to choose four different fun and engaging programs to enjoy. There’s something for everything so don’t miss it!
- Grade Connection Time 4:30 pm (Gatherly)
- Come socialize with your grade! This mostly unstructured time is a comfortable space to hang out with new and old friends. See you there!
- Senior Havdalah 7:00 pm (Zoom)
- Honor our seniors with this NFTY Northeast Leadership Kallah Tradition. This Havdalah service serves as an opportunity for seniors to reflect on their time in NFTY, and for underclassmen to connect with the graduating class.
- Passdowns: Brotherhood/Sisterhood 8:00 pm (Zoom)
- Join us for the continuation of one of NFTY Northeast’s most sacred traditions: passdowns. The men’s+ and women’s+ communities will pass on symbolic objects to the next generation of leaders
- Senior Bonfire 10:00pm (Zoom)
- Juniors and Seniors are invited to the annual Senior Bonfire. Bring tissues.
- Underclassmen Oneg 10:00 pm (Gatherly)
- All Underclassmen (grades 8-10) are invited to a Gatherly Oneg where you can hear from some of NFTY Northeast’s best storytellers and talk to friends, new and old.
Sunday, May 16 (Zoom)
- Asefah & Friendship Circle 11:00 am
- Join us for our final Zoom call of Leadership Kallah 2021: Asefah and Friendship Circle. During Asefah, NFTY NE’s final business meeting of the 2020-2021 year, our region’s voting body will confirm the installment of the 5781-5782 Regional Board. Afterward, we’ll join in song for Friendship Circle to wrap up our three day event. See you soon, NFTY NE!